Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peace Like a Liver

If you grew up in church, at some point you sang "I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river." Inevitably, you would always stand next to some kid who sang (at the top of their lungs of course) "I've got peace like a liver." In the naive, blissful days of my childhood...who knew that livers didn't conjure up images of peace? Liver, River, it didn't matter what the word was because I took my peace for granted. I always always had peace, until I didn't have it anymore. Most days in adult life are a roller coaster that twists and turns and dips and dives between emotional highs and lows. In times of change, I might experience ten different cycles from high to low to high in the course of one day, sometimes over the same subject. And I have learned that those non-peaceful moments (the livers) really really make the river moments sweeter. And for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment