Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleep

I am a morning person. I wake up pretty happy. No matter how terrible my day was the day before, when I wake up in the morning...good mood, clean slate. There are downsides to being a morning person. I would love to be one of those night people that can stay up til three in the morning and not be the first one asleep at a bunking party. I would even settle for being able to stay awake for the late show at the movies. If I do happen to be able to stay awake until 12:00, you certainly don't want to be unfortunate enough to be around me. I can literally fall asleep while someone is mid conversation with me (right Samae?) But, I would never trade being happy in the morning to be a night person. I love that every day, at least at the beginning of the day, it feels like a good day.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a really cool dream. I was in the navy and I'm not entirely sure what my job was, but it was awesome. And then somehow I was captured. Then I was rescued. It was made up of stuff right out of the movies. I don't even want to know what this experience would be like in real life, and I hope this is something that NEVER happens to me. But it was the BEST dream, and none of it would have been possible without sleep.

Today I am thankful for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment