Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Letting It Go

The alarm clock goes off. I negotiate thirty extra minutes with the snooze button (side note...I can never make sense of the way snooze is spelled between 6 and 6:30. I always think it looks funny.) Get up, let dog out, wash hair, put on make up, let dog in, dry hair, chi hair, find an outfit, iron outfit, run out door, drive through Sonic for a diet coke, clock in work, work, clock out of work, and then depending on what day it is, go to some evening activity. Get home at 9 or 9:30 and do it all again tomorrow. I love all of my evening activities...hate the schedule. When I get home at night, choices have to be made. Clothes have to be washed, lunch needs to be made for the week, jack needs to be fed and walked, floors need to be cleaned, and blogging needs to be done. Not to mention, that I need some time at the end of the night to wind down and read or watch tv. IF I did all of that...not only would I not need get to go to bed at any decent hour, but I would be a very grouchy person. So I don't do all of that. Sometimes I don't have lunch for the week made. Sometimes I'm wearing an outfit that I don't particularly care for because its the last clean thing in my closet. Some nights, instead of walking Jack, we run a few circles around the yard. And, sadly, I have learned that I can't blog everyday. I just can't. Some weeks I can. I look forward to those weeks. Those weeks I'm a little but lighter because I did something creative and I like the way my mind feels when I'm creative. (When my mind is in creative mood, instead of a sock, I see sock vase.) Even though it makes me sad not to blog everyday, sad is better than the crazy I would feel if I forced myself to do something I just can't do. I am thankful that I know how far I can push myself, and I'm thankful that I can let the rest go.

No comments:

Post a Comment