Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thai food (yet another post about food) and new beginnings

Tonight I REALLY tried Thai food for the first time. I've picked at it before or eaten it on a buffet...but I haven't REALLY tried it. Which is surprising to me, because I really like food and am always up for trying something new. And, I liked it, which was not surprising to me because I like everything EXCEPT celery. I don't even like celery cut up real fine so you can't taste it (that's what people say make the Thanksgiving dressing that like celery in their dressing) because you can always taste it.

I also ate with a friend that I hadn't seen since last October. As we started talking, I realized that there is so much that has changed in my life in the last year. This past year has been painful and wonderful all at the same time. I can't imagine going back and being the same person in the same circumstances that I was in a year ago. But, I am thankful that something good has come out of a bad situation. Finally...I am at that point where I can look back fondly and say that was a beautiful time of grieving and look how much I learned. When I think about things and how my life was last year at this time, it feels like I am talking about somebody else...someone I used to know. I like the me that I have transformed to be.

I am thankful for the work that God has done in me, I am thankful that He thinks we deserve grace and I am thankful for new beginnings. I'm excited to see what the next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment